Demetrius Andrade vs. Zhanibek Alimkhanuly
Below is the letter sent to the two respective teams from the WBO for the mandatory bout between Demetrius Andrade & Zhanibek Alimkhanuly
“Re: Purse Bid – WBO Middleweight Mandatory Championship Contests Demetrius Andrade vs. Zhanibek Alimkhanuly
On November 30, 2021, this Committee issued a negotiation letter ordering the parties herein to begin negotiations towards reaching an agreement for the subject matter bout. Thereafter, on December 13, 2021, we issued a follow-up letter requesting the parties an update on the negotiations and granted 48 hours upon issuance to advise accordingly. Today, the 20-day term elapses, and no agreement between the parties has been reached. Therefore, considering the preceding and that the WBO main offices will cease operations due to the Christmas holidays, this Committee will schedule purse bid proceedings as follows:
As per Sections 11 through 13 of the enclosed copy of the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests (www.wboboxing.com), please be advised that a “Purse Bid” will be held at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) Atlantic Standard Time (AST) on Friday, January 14, 2022, at the World Boxing Organization (WBO) headquarter offices in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The minimum acceptable bid for the WBO Middleweight Division is $200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Dollars).
Section 13(a)(1) of the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests governs purse bid proceedings for the Andrade/Alimkhanuly bout and in relevant, state as follows:
SECTION 13. DIVISION OF PURSE FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS HELD PURSUANT TO
(a) The purse for Championship Contests held and completed pursuant to Purse Bids (except those Championship Contests involving situations described in Section 14 (e)(1) hereof, the Purse Bid division which shall be distributed as per Section 14(e)(2) shall be distributed as follows:
(1) CHAMPIONSHIPS with an EXISTING CHAMPION
(A) In fights between the Champion and the first available contender held in the country of origin, residence or nationality of the Champion, or a neutral venue, the Champion shall receive 75% of the total purse, and the Challenger shall receive the remaining 25%.
(B) In fights for the title held in the country of origin, residence or nationality of the Challenger, the Champion shall receive 80% of the total purse and the Challenger shall receive the remaining 20%.
Please be advised that the WBO President Francisco “Paco” Valcárcel, Esq. will be presiding proceedings.
Kindly note the following provisions:
1. If for any reason the WBO Champion does not attend the official weigh-in for the scheduled bout, the WBO Middleweight Championship Title shall be declared “Vacant” “Ipso Facto.
2. If the WBO Champion is injured or suffers an injury and depending on the type of injury and needed recovery time, the WBO Championship Committee may declare the WBO Championship Title “Vacant” or order an Interim Championship Bout or issue any other rulings per WBO Rules and Regulations.
3. If the WBO Champion is unavailable or refuses to fight for any reason whatsoever, the WBO Championship Committee may declare the WBO Championship Title “Vacant” or order an Interim Championship Bout or issue any other rulings per WBO Rules and Regulations.
4. If for any reason the Challenger does not attend the official weigh-in for the scheduled bout, it will be understood that the Challenger is not available and the WBO Championship Committee will select the next available contender per WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests or issue any other rulings accordingly.
5. If the Challenger is injured or suffers an injury and depending on the type of injury and needed recovery time or is unavailable or refuses to fight for any reason whatsoever, the Challenger may lose his position in the Ratings and the Committee may determine and select the next available contender or issue any other rulings in accordance with the WBO Rules and Regulations.
6. Executed Bout agreements shall be filed with the WBO offices within five (5) days upon the adjudication of the purse bid.
7. The bout shall be held within 45-90 days from the adjudication date of the purse bid.
8. The WBO World Championship Committee reserves its right to impose all relevant conditions, issue all further rulings and determinations necessary, helpful, and convenient to accomplish the purposes, policies, and intent of the WBO Rules and
Any additional information, please visit our website at www.wboboxing.com or contact the WBO main offices.
Please do not hesitate to contact the WBO offices if you have any further questions or concerns.”
Subscribe to our new YouTube Channel with the latest boxing news and results, gossip and information from around the world. Just click the image below or any of the images for all our social media:
For the list of boxing events we will cover live with and with unofficial scorecard (main event), click the following link > Live Boxing Results & Event