Universal Boxing Organization™ (UBO) related news bits and information.
• Former UBO World Lightweight Champion Noel Echevarria has now officially joined as a UBO USA representative, following the announcement of his retirement.
We are very proud of Noel, and the fact that he is wiling to remain on board. There is no doubt that he will continue to be a big asset to the UBO and our sport.
• The UBO Youth World Middleweight title fight between Germans Tom Rostel (Pictured) and Mirko Koenig, originally scheduled for May 14, was postponed due to injury.
A new date and venue is in the works, and will be announced in due cause.
• UBO South America and Inter-Continental Welterweight Champion Arnold Gonzalez returned to action on May 28, beating Tracey McGruder (6-2) by split decision in a non-title fight at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Fighting on the Gervonta Davis vs. Rolando Romero undercard, Gonzalez improved his professional record to 10-0 (5).
• It was a tough week for Pakistan´s former UBO Asia-Pacific Super Welterweight titlist Muzafar Khan, now 10-1-1 (8), as he drew with Korean Tae Kyun Kim (4-1) on June 11, and then lost a split decision to Indian Sachin Rohila (6-0) on June 18.
• It looks like a tough assignment for UBO All-Africa Welterweight ruler Idd Pialari, as he is scheduled to face South African Thulani Mbenge on June 30 in Johannesburg.
It is a brilliant fight, though, as Pialari has a 30-7-1 (21) record, and former IBO World Champion Mbenge is 18-1 (14).
We need your support!
If you like what we do and you wish to support us, please consider a one-off donation, however big or small. It helps us to continue our work and sustains our future. All safe and via PayPal…just click the PayPal image below:
For the list of the latest boxing news and boxing results, click the following latest boxing news & results